As any person feeling under the weather, that has a day off of school and that day happens to be right before the Oscars, I hugged the opportunity of seeing the famous award show, LIVE from the comfort of my bedroom.
Usually, on a school night, I wouldn’t be allowed to watch any kind of awards LIVE because of the huge time difference between where I live and Hollywood, but I got my folks permission to watch them at the ridiculous our of 2AM until 6AM because I am really ill at the moment so I have the Monday off of school.
I am gradually writing this post as the show goes on. I really don’t want to miss anything that popped out to me during the show. So, I am writing this intro before the shows even started, because I want to have this post posted as soon as I can have it written.
On this beautiful Sunday, I drove my mom crazy with everything that means the Oscars. I just couldn’t shut up about how excited I was to see them LIVE and all that jazz.
A usual question that would follow is “Who do you hope will win?”. Well obviously, my favorite actor that I wish to FINALLY get his well deserved Oscar is none other than Leo DiCaprio. Surprised? I didn’t think so. I really think that Leo is a favorite of the audience for many years, and I think that we all agree that his performance in The Wolf of Wall Street was maybe one of his best yet, but even so I feel like Matthew McConaughey is a favorite in this category.
My expectations for tonight are quite simple: Ellen to be her usual funny self and for Leo to get that damn Oscar. And yep, that’s pretty much it…
From here on I will document everything that I found interesting, beautiful, annoying and exciting during the show :D. Before I forget to mention it, I am “documenting” everything in my time table and everything I say is according to the streams I have found, so please don’t be too confused, lol! So here we go…
- 12.05 AM: The Red Carpet LIVE stream works but nothing interesting is to see.
- 12.20AM: People are shouting but I am not sure why…also no one interesting appeared on the carpet yet.
- 12.26AM: The MTV and VH1 stream finally has someone talking on the stream because it became a bit boring.
- 12.28AM: Benedict Cumberbatch, Jennifer Lawrence and The Wolf of Wall Street are mentioned, talking about excitement…
- 12.38AM: Have 3 live streams opened, still nothing going on
- 12.46AM: Just saw an interview with the chef that made the food for the awards-am very hungry!
- 01.08AM: Getting angry and tired of this…guess all the stars decided to arrive at the last minute; Viola Davis looks amazing!
- 01.10AM: Cristin Milioti[the first wife of Leo in The Wolf of Wall Street] arrives on the RC, I love her dress!!!!
- 01.14AM: Mads Mikkelsen arrives on the RC, surprised to see him…looks good-think he had a nice…dinner 😉
- 01.16AM: Portia de Rossi looks amazing, great dress choice! bet she is proud of Ellen 🙂
- 01.33AM: Kristen Bell also looks amazing, love her dress!
- 01.39AM: Kellan Lutz arrives on the RC, he looks YUM! *.* -wearing a suit made out of recycled items
- 01.42AM: Amy Adams- blue simple dress, very form fitting! loved it!
- 01.44AM: Anna Kendrick, very chic dress, would have worked better without the slit IMHO.
- 01.49AM: The bets are lost for those who said Lupita will wear purple, she chose a beautiful sky blue dress. My favorite of all up until now.
- 01.54AM: Heard the paparazzi saying “Okay, okay, move along, we’ve seen you, go on already”, to a guy that was posing for the red carpet. More than rude…what do you expect from them?
- 01.59AM: Joseph Gordon Levitt looks his usual great self!
- 02.05AM: Drooling all over the screen because Jared Leto just arrived and he looks amazing!
- 02.08AM: Harrison Ford arrived, he looks good for his age!
- 02.11AM: Benedict Cumberbatch just won my heart…again! Loved his appearance. Hair looks *.*;as always.
- 02.13AM: Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell just stepped on the carped…Goldie, you are a queen, but that dress…no..
- 02.16AM: Jessica Biel looks FLAWLESS! love the dress choice!
- 02.21AM: Michael Fassbander is a heartthrob as usual.
- 02.22AM: Christoph Waltz, yes my friend, good fashion choice as usual.
- 02.24AM: Matthew McConaughey arrives on the RC and looks delicious in his white tux!
- 02.26AM: Charlize Theron, as per usual, breaks hearts with a gorgeous appearance!
- 02.28AM: Chris Hemsworth is definitely drool worthy! As for his wife…sorry, but I’d fire that image consultant…
- 02.29AM: Jennifer Lawrence makes her appearance, and not very late after that trips over her own feet on the red carpet. Looks okay in the Dior dress which looks similar to Amy Adams’, but J Law definitely had better choices in the past.
- 02.39AM: Spotted Leo DiCaprio and he looks amazing *.*.
- 02.40AM: Anne Hathaway looks like she’s not aging, wouldn’t have chosen that dress though..
- 02.43AM: Emma Watson looks GORGEOUS! I can’t believe I didn’t notice how much I missed seeing her!
- 02.45AM: All my streams crashed and I want to cry because I cannot find others.
- 02.50AM: Seen on twitter that Lady Gaga made an appearance in a pink Versace gown…not crazy about it and not sure why she was invited…
After this fun and too long Red Carpet experience, I couldn’t find any live stream for the actual award show, so I had to go to sleep. I will definitely watch them tomorrow night when the cut and edited version is aired on HBO.
Benedict Cumberbatch was a sweetheart and I couldn’t stop swooning when I listened to his interview. I am pretty sure that he will be a very big actor of his generation and will get his own Academy Awards statue.
A thing that I found repulsive was the way Pharell Williams attended the RC. I have been thought since I’ve been little that shorts are not an appropriate formal wear. Of course, there are many exceptions in Hollywood, but I still found his attire a bit offensive, or better said…inappropriate for such an important event.
All in all, I loved seeing all my favorite stars going down the Red Carpet and seeing interviews and so on. Though I wish The Academy Awards would have had thought about the people who do not live on the American continent and given us at least one live stream. I was pretty disappointed because I stayed up so late to watch this show and couldn’t because people are sometimes careless about situations like this.
When I woke up I was greatly disappointed to find out that Leo did not get his well deserved statuette. Even though I have to admit that Matthew McConaughey played an amazing role and deserved this award, I have to keep my previous opinion that Leo deserved it more…I guess everything is okay because the award went to another actor that I love and respect. Don’t worry Leo, maybe next time 😉 .
Hope you enjoyed my veeeeeeeeery long ramble about the Oscars, and I hope I din’t bore you…too much. Maybe I’ll do a short review of the actual award show as well. We’ll see.
Until next time, lots of hugs,