I decided to write about this topic even though I do not celebrate Thanksgiving. I feel that every country has its holidays, and they must be respected no matter where you are in the world. I honestly love Thanksgiving and all it stands for, and would like to celebrate it myself.
Thanksgiving is a holiday where you are gathered with your whole family and say what you are grateful for and happened in the year that is about to end. The holiday commemorates a harvest festival celebrated by the Pilgrims, and is held in the US on the fourth Thursday in November.
I want to be, at least, a bit part of the holiday so I will say ten things that I am thankful for.
1. I am most thankful for my parents that have always been here for me when I needed them most.
2. I am thankful for my best friend Raluca and all the friends I have. The ones that I made this year, and those who have known me for longer.
3. I am thankful for Bee, Liz, Sally, Ellen,Lauren, Carol and many other friends that I have made on the internet and have supported me no matter what.
4. I am very thankful for the opportunity of visiting Sweden this summer. And I am thankful for meeting my friend Johanna there :)!
5. I am thankful for my step grandmother-which is my last grandparent- because she tries to make my days better whenever she can.
6. I am thankful for all the people in the world that help others in need.
7. I am very thankful for finally getting the courage to make a blog.
8. I am thankful for my school situation this year, that has improved visibly from last year. Also, I am thankful for my English teacher that helped me find universities and helped me through this consuming process.
9. I am thankful for everything that I received this year. Even if it was bad or good, it all had a purpose and that was to make me learn from them and make me a better person.
10. And last but not least, I am thankful for my life. A life that I appreciate and value a lot, and I wish more people did!
Thank you for reading this, and thank you for existing! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, even if you do not celebrate it! Be thankful for what you have and appreciate life.
Love you all!